Wednesday 22 June 2011

Butterflies

Great excitement.

The meadow is now thick with purple thistles, and the bugloss is going strong. When it eventually stopped raining today I pottered over and found that it was teeming with bees, and some lovely dark butterflies. I haven't identified them yet but if I do, I will let you know.

I had promised myself not to sermonise after my "wasp" blog, but I can't help but share another thought I had (we've just come back from holiday so I had time to think). A society which can afford to pay its footballers £50,000 a week, and its executives millions every year, can afford libraries. I am fed up with being told it's not that simple. I'm afraid it is exactly that simple.

Ian is going to fix the photo problem this week so I should be uploading photos anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment